AccuTax Firm Engagement Terms of Service
Last Updated: March 27, 2023
Thank you for choosing the services offered by AccuTax Firm and its affiliated entities (referred to as “AccuTax,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). We kindly request you to review our Engagement Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms,” the “Terms of Service,” or the “Agreement”) thoroughly. This Agreement is a legal contract between you and AccuTax. By clicking “I Agree” or a similar mechanism, you signify your acceptance of this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not initiate a formal engagement with AccuTax to utilize our services.
AccuTax provides business-to-business (“B2B”) products and services. Our tax-related services, encompassing planning, advice, recommendations, preparation, and filing, are tailored for businesses rather than consumers, and they are classified as business transactions rather than consumer transactions. Professional services provided by AccuTax are carried out by duly licensed service providers. Our team members, including account executives, account managers, and customer relationship managers, are not licensed service providers but can facilitate your communication with licensed professionals.
THESE TERMS INCLUDE AN AGREEMENT TO RESOLVE DISPUTES THROUGH INDIVIDUAL (NON-CLASS) ARBITRATION. For more information, please refer to Section A.12.
Section A GENERAL TERMS
1. AGREEMENT This Agreement delineates the terms governing your use of the services offered by AccuTax, either in the form of general information conveyed by AccuTax in print or digital media or in the form of tax-related services executed by duly licensed and registered firms authorized to provide tax planning, tax advice, tax preparation, and tax filing services, collectively referred to as the “Services.” This Agreement incorporates the following:
AccuTax’s Privacy Statement. You can access it [here](link to your privacy statement). Additional terms and conditions, which may include those from third parties. Any terms provided separately to you for the Services, including product or program terms, ordering, activation, payment terms, etc.
2. YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICES 2.1 The Services are safeguarded by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You are granted the right to use the Services exclusively for the purposes outlined by AccuTax. All other rights concerning the Services are reserved by AccuTax. As long as you meet any applicable payment obligations and comply with this Agreement, AccuTax grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right and license to use the Services.
2.2 You agree not to employ, or permit any third party to use, the Services in a manner that contravenes any applicable law, regulation, or this Agreement. You concur not to:
- Provide access to or disclose any part of the Services to any third party.
- Reproduce, modify, copy, sell, trade, lease, rent, or resell the Services.
- Decompilate, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Services.
- Make the Services accessible through any file-sharing or application hosting service.
3. PAYMENT For Services offered on a payment basis, the following terms are applicable, unless AccuTax or its third-party affiliate notifies you otherwise in writing. This Agreement incorporates the transaction details specified at the time of purchase, including a description of the selected Services, the total price, and payment terms:
- Payments will be invoiced to you in U.S. dollars, and your account will be debited once you furnish your payment information and authorize the transaction by acknowledging your agreement to the sale terms, including this Agreement, on the website for the Services.
- You must make payments through one of the following methods:
- A valid credit card accepted by AccuTax.
- A valid debit card accepted by AccuTax.
- Adequate funds in a checking or savings account to cover an electronic debit of the payment due.
- Or any other payment option provided by AccuTax to you in writing.
- If your payment and registration details are not accurate, current, and complete, and you fail to promptly notify us of changes, we may suspend or terminate your account and deny access to the Services.
- If you do not update your payment method (e.g., credit card expiration date), to ensure uninterrupted Services, we may participate in programs supported by your card provider (e.g., updater services, recurring billing programs, etc.) to attempt to update your payment information. You authorize us to continue billing your account with the updated information that we obtain.
- You can modify the payment method used for billing your Installment Payments and Subscription Payments by contacting us at 1-833-919-1992, sending an email to email@example.com, or mailing us at 260 S. 1200 W., Orem, UT 84058.
- In specific situations, you may have varying payment terms, such as paying your balance in full in one payment or through automatic recurring installment payments. Not all options are available for all Services, and certain options may be discontinued or deemed ineligible for future Services. The chosen option is contingent on the transaction details on the website at the time of purchase, encompassing a description of the selected Services, total price, and payment terms (e.g., payment in full or payment through periodic or recurring installments, etc.). Once you place your order and your initial payment is processed, your Service has commenced, and you can begin accessing the relevant Services.
- The Services and promotional offers may encompass assistance in preparing and filing documents. Where relevant, states and jurisdictions may necessitate fees for processing and registration. Unless stated otherwise by law, we or an authorized service provider may impose a convenience fee for processing filing fees on your behalf.
Installment Payments & Automatic Billing In select cases, you may have the option to pay for the Services by making a series of periodic payments or installment payments until the complete balance is cleared (“Installment Payments”). By accepting this offer, you agree to fulfill the entire purchase price for the Services through periodic installment payments, with a predefined amount, frequency, and duration outlined at the time of purchase (“Payment Terms”). Your account will be charged at the commencement of each billing term using the payment method you provided. Based on scheduling and individual circumstances, you may access certain Services before completing your Installment Payments. Irrespective of when or whether you utilize the Services, you are responsible for settling the entire balance. There is no penalty for paying the total balance for the Services before your scheduled final payment date.
Cancellations and Refunds You have the option to cancel the Services within seven (7) calendar days from the order date and receive a full refund. If you accept an offer to pay through periodic installments, you may initiate the use of the Services immediately, and you may not cancel the Services or Installment Payments after seven (7) calendar days from the order date.
UPON ORDERING, YOU GRANT US PERMISSION TO PROMPTLY ALLOCATE RESOURCES FOR SERVICE PROVISION. CONSEQUENTLY, AFTER SEVEN (7) CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE ORDER, THE SALE BECOMES FINAL, AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED.
Bookkeeping services can be terminated at any time by providing a notice of thirty (30) days. You can do so by calling 1-833-919-1992, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing us at 260 S. 1200 W., Orem, UT 84058. Payments for bookkeeping services are non-refundable.
4. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION You can view AccuTax’s Privacy Statement, provided with the Services and accessible on the Services’ website. You agree to adhere to the applicable AccuTax Privacy Statement and any modifications published by AccuTax. You consent to AccuTax utilizing and maintaining your data in line with the AccuTax Privacy Statement as part of the Services. This allows AccuTax to employ your data to enhance the Services, create promotions, and develop new products or services.
4.1 California Consumer Privacy Act For purposes related to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), AccuTax is considered a Business and Third Party, as relevant. When AccuTax functions as a Third Party, you assert, warrant, and covenant that all Personal Information shared or made available to AccuTax is done so in compliance with applicable law. You affirm that you have furnished all requisite notices, opt-outs, and rights to enable AccuTax to:
- Share any and all Personal Information provided by you with any AccuTax company, including AccuTax and any parent, subsidiary, affiliate, or related company of AccuTax, collectively referred to as the “AccuTax Family Companies.”
- Utilize such Personal Information in connection with the internal operations and functions of the AccuTax Family Companies, encompassing, but not limited to, enhancing the products and services of the AccuTax Family Companies, operational analytics, financial reporting, and other internal functions. It is important to note that the sharing of Personal Information between AccuTax Family Companies does not constitute a “sale” of such Personal Information under the CCPA. The capitalized terms in this paragraph hold the meanings ascribed to them under the CCPA.
5. CONTENT AND USE OF THE SERVICES
5.1 Responsibility for Content and Use of the Services:
Content encompasses any data, information, materials, text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind that are uploaded, transmitted, posted, generated, stored, or otherwise made accessible through the Services (“Content”). This includes any Content that account holders (including you) provide through your use of the Services. By making your Content available through your use of the Services, you grant AccuTax a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and utilize your Content. You must maintain archives of your Content regularly. You are liable for any lost or unrecoverable Content. You must provide all requisite warnings, information, and disclosures. AccuTax bears no responsibility for any Content that you submit through the Services.
You agree not to use, or allow any third party to use, the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, participate in, promote, or transmit any of the following:
- Illegal, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing, offensive, inappropriate, or objectionable information or communications of any kind. This includes conduct that is excessively violent, incites or threatens violence, encourages “flaming” or elicits criminal or civil liability under any local, state, federal, or foreign law.
- Content that would impersonate someone else or falsely represent your identity or qualifications or infringe upon any individual’s privacy. It is not permitted to engage in illegal, unfair, or deceptive activities, or create a safety or health risk for an individual or the public.
- Except as authorized by AccuTax in writing, investment opportunities, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, other unsolicited commercial communication, spamming, or flooding.
- Virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other disruptive or harmful software or data.
- Any Content that you do not own or have the right to use without permission from the intellectual property rights owners thereof.
5.2 Restricted Use of the Services:
You, and any users of the Services or any other party, shall refrain from engaging in, soliciting, or promoting any activity that is objectionable, illegal, infringes upon the rights of others, may result in notoriety, harm, or damage to the reputation of AccuTax, or could potentially subject AccuTax to liability vis-a-vis third parties. This includes but is not limited to:
- Unauthorized access, monitoring, interference with, or use of the Services or third-party accounts, data, computers, systems, or networks.
- Interference with others’ use of the Services or any system or network, including mail bombing, broadcasting, or launching denial of service attacks.
- Unauthorized collection or use of personal or confidential information, including phishing, pharming, spidering, and harvesting.
- Viewing or other use of any Content that, in AccuTax’s opinion, violates this Agreement.
- Any other activity that positions AccuTax to foster, or potentially incur liability for, illegal activity in any jurisdiction.
- Attempting to probe, scan, penetrate, or test the vulnerability of an AccuTax system or network or breach AccuTax’s security or authentication measures, whether through passive or intrusive techniques. AccuTax reserves the right to withhold authorization and may terminate your use of the Services based on reasonable suspicion of activities, business practices, products, or services that are objectionable, promote, support, or engage in any of the restricted uses described herein.
**5.3 AccuTax may freely use feedback you provide. You agree that AccuTax may utilize your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any manner, including in future modifications of the Services, other products or services, advertising, or marketing materials. You grant AccuTax an everlasting, worldwide, entirely transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free license to use the feedback you provide to AccuTax in any way.
**5.4 AccuTax may monitor Content. AccuTax may, but is not obligated to, monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or review or edit any Content for the purpose of operating the Services, ensuring compliance with this Agreement, and complying with applicable law or other legal requirements. We may disclose any information necessary to fulfill our legal obligations, safeguard AccuTax or its customers, or ensure the proper operation of the Services. AccuTax, at its sole discretion, may decline to post, remove, or refuse to remove, or disable any Content, in whole or in part, that is alleged to be, or that AccuTax deems unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
6. ACCUTAX GUARANTEES 6.1 Tax Savings Plan Potential Savings Guarantee Upon purchasing an eligible tax package that includes a tax savings plan, we will identify potential tax savings based on information and documents provided by you, such as previous tax returns and other applicable information. This guarantee applies solely to the initial tax savings plan, and subsequent tax savings plans are not eligible. This guarantee may not be combined with other guarantees, unless stated otherwise in writing.
To qualify, eligible customers must meet the following conditions:
- Within fourteen (14) calendar days from the initial request, complete required questionnaires and provide necessary tax documents.
- Schedule and attend tax plan review and strategy sessions.
To redeem, eligible customers must notify us within thirty (30) days from the date the tax plan is delivered to you. Send written notice to AccuTax Tax Plan Guarantee, 260 S. 1200 W., Orem, UT 84058. Please use a traceable mailing method and maintain copies of submitted items for your records. Please allow up to fourteen (14) days for processing and delivery. If you have not received your applicable refund after four (4) weeks, contact us at (833) 919-1992. Depending on the purchased services, AccuTax may, at its sole discretion, issue a partial or full refund as outlined below:
- Customers with $50k to $100k in annual revenues will receive a 100% refund of the applicable purchase price paid by you if we do not identify a minimum in potential tax savings at least equal to the purchase price of the services.
- Customers with $100k or more in annual revenues will receive a 100% refund of the applicable purchase price paid by you if we do not identify a minimum in potential tax savings at least equal to twice the purchase price of the services.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS 7.1 AccuTax professional services. Products and services are sold by AccuTax, and professional services are fulfilled by appropriately licensed service providers. AccuTax account executives, account managers, customer relationship managers, and other personnel are not licensed service providers.
7.2 We may inform you about other AccuTax Services. You may be offered additional services, products, or promotions by AccuTax (“AccuTax Services”). Additional terms and conditions and fees may apply. In certain AccuTax Services, you may upload or input data from your account(s), such as names, addresses, and phone numbers, purchases, and more, to the Internet. By doing so, you grant AccuTax permission to use information about your business and experience to help us provide the AccuTax Services, develop new products and services, and enhance the Services.
7.3 Communications. AccuTax may be legally obligated to send you communications about the Services or third-party products. You consent to AccuTax sending these communications to you via email or by posting them on our websites.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES 8.1 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ACCUTAX, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS, OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY, “SUPPLIERS”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES ARE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, DATA LOSS, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OF CONTENT IN OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES. ACCUTAX AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, THEFT, OR DESTRUCTION. IF THE EXCLUSIONS FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO 60 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICES, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
**8.2 ACCUTAX, ITS AFFILIATES, AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL SATISFY OR ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
9. CHANGES AccuTax may revise this Agreement from time to time. Changes will not be retroactive, and the most current version of this Agreement, which will always be available at https://accutax.com/terms-of-service, will govern AccuTax’s ongoing relationship with you. Except in urgent situations such as responding to legal requirements or other issues, AccuTax will attempt to notify you in advance of material changes that negatively impact your use of the Services.
10. TERMINATION AccuTax may, at its sole discretion and without notice, restrict, deny, terminate this Agreement, or suspend the Services, related or other Services, effective immediately, in whole or in part, if it determines that your use of the Services violates the Agreement, is improper or substantially exceeds or differs from normal use by other users, raises suspicion of fraud, misuse, security concern, illegal activity, or unauthorized access issues, is to protect the integrity or availability of the Services or systems, or to comply with applicable AccuTax policy. Additionally, termination may occur if you no longer agree to receive electronic communications or if your use of the Services conflicts with AccuTax’s interests or the interests of another user of the Services. Upon notice from AccuTax that your use of the Services has been terminated, you must immediately cease using the Services, and any outstanding payments will become due. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect AccuTax’s rights to any payments due to it. AccuTax may terminate a free account at any time. Sections 2.2, 3 through 13 will remain in effect even if the Agreement is terminated.
11. GOVERNING LAW Utah state law governs this Agreement without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
12. DISPUTES ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision; the arbitrator shall apply Utah law to all other matters. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including issues relating to the scope and enforceability of this arbitration provision. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any party to the arbitration may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND ACCUTAX ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
To initiate an arbitration proceeding, send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to AccuTax, 260 S. 1200 W., Orem, UT 84058. Arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) before a single AAA arbitrator under the AAA’s rules, which are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees and costs will be governed by the AAA’s rules. AccuTax will not seek its attorneys’ fees or costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines your claims or defenses are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location.
We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated, or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENT This Agreement, including the documents incorporated herein by reference, constitutes the entire Agreement and understanding between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings, whether electronic, oral, or written, or other agreements or understandings between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof.
Should you have any inquiries about AccuTax’s Engagement Terms of Service, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by mail at 260 S. 1200 W., Orem, UT 84058.
B. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TAX SERVICES WITH AccuTax Firm
When utilizing AccuTax Firm’s services, your usage is governed by the General Terms of Service provided above, which include the following Additional Terms and Conditions specific to the services described below. In the event of any conflicts or inconsistencies between these Additional Terms and the General Terms of Service, the following terms shall take precedence:
1.1 Pricing. The cost of various services is determined at the time you select your service package and authorize payment. Please note that prices may change without prior notice. We recommend verifying that the pricing for your selected services remains unchanged. Once you have paid for your service, the price will remain fixed and will not change.
1.2 Professional Tax Services. Our Tax Expert, who may be a Certified Public Accountant, Enrolled Agent, or practicing attorney, is responsible for preparing and reviewing your tax plan, Federal and State tax returns, and addressing your tax-related queries. These professional services are offered by appropriately licensed service providers. It is important to note that AccuTax Firm’s account executives, account managers, customer relationship managers, and similar personnel are generally not licensed service providers. Upon purchasing Professional Services from AccuTax Firm, you may collaborate with licensed and registered service providers as needed to fulfill specific services. The Tax Expert may have the discretion to exclude specific tax topics or situations from this service. The quality of tax assistance you receive is contingent upon the accuracy and completeness of the information you provide. You are responsible for ensuring the data in your final tax return is accurate. If you provide incorrect or incomplete information, the advice provided may not be accurate. It is imperative to maintain data accuracy. Your Tax Expert may sign your return as the preparer, but you remain responsible for reviewing it to ensure completeness and accuracy. You will need to provide your Tax Expert with access to all necessary supporting tax documentation, as requested. Tax returns prepared by a Tax Expert are subject to additional terms and conditions.
Your Tax Expert: Your engagement with your assigned Tax Expert concludes when your e-filed tax returns are accepted or when the completed returns are delivered to you (in the case of paper filing). In some cases, AccuTax Firm, at its sole discretion, may assign another Tax Expert to complete your return, considering factors like expertise, volume, availability, or other circumstances. A tax associate may collaborate with your Tax Expert to assist in collecting and reviewing your documents and other information.
Information You Provide: Your Tax Expert will base your income tax returns on the information you supply. You are responsible for uploading relevant documents in an acceptable electronic format and providing written responses to your Tax Expert’s questions through our secure portal or other secure methods. It is crucial to provide all necessary information promptly for accurate tax return preparation. You must represent that the information you provide is accurate, true, and that you have the right to share it with AccuTax Firm or its third-party provider. Providing fraudulent information or false documents may lead to fines or imprisonment. Neither AccuTax Firm, its Suppliers, nor its Tax Experts are responsible for incomplete or false information intended to defraud government authorities. AccuTax Firm reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel your Services if you fail to provide requested information or timely responses to your Tax Expert’s queries. If you provide information within less than thirty calendar days of the tax filing deadline, your Tax Expert may advise you to file an extension or may be unable to provide Services. While our service assists in the submission of accurate returns, it should not be relied upon to discover errors or fraud in prior years’ tax returns. Your Tax Expert does not independently audit the information you submit, although they may seek clarification on some details. You are responsible for maintaining adequate documentation to substantiate the accuracy and completeness of your tax returns, complying with state and federal record-keeping requirements. Your Tax Expert has no obligation to store your tax documents beyond what’s required by applicable law. You agree to hold AccuTax Firm and its third-party provider harmless from any liability, including additional tax, penalties, interest, and professional fees resulting from the disallowance of tax deductions due to inadequate documentation. It is your responsibility to ensure the overall accuracy of the data in your final tax return(s). Your Tax Expert will not file any tax returns until they receive your approval. You are required to carefully review the completed tax return(s) for accuracy and completeness. If you identify errors during your review, you must promptly notify your Tax Expert for corrections. In cases requiring approval, you will electronically sign a completed Form 8879, IRS e-file Signature Authorization, and any other applicable state and local authorization forms to permit your Tax Expert to electronically file your tax return(s). These forms may use a third-party e-signature provider, which you must use. Your electronic signature affirms that you and any joint filer have reviewed and approved the final tax return(s) as complete and accurate.
Electronic Filing: Electronic filing may not be available for certain tax returns or in some states. Your Tax Expert’s responsibility with respect to e-filing is to make commercially reasonable efforts to facilitate the transmission of your tax return(s) to the relevant taxing authority that accepts electronic submissions. If electronic transmission is not possible, you must manually sign the tax returns and mail them directly to the tax authority. If required, your Tax Expert will provide you with paper copies of your tax returns and instructions for mailing. You are responsible for postage and mailing. When paper tax returns are used, the Services are considered complete when the return(s) and instructions are provided to you.
Interpretation of Tax Law: Your Tax Expert will apply reasonable judgment to resolve questions in your favor when tax law is unclear, provided it is within the bounds of professional conduct and applicable law and there is substantial authority for doing so. If there are conflicting interpretations of the law, your Tax Expert will clarify the possible positions that can be taken on your tax return(s). Your Tax Expert will adhere to the position you request, as long as it aligns with our understanding of the Internal Revenue Code, tax regulations, Revenue Rulings, Revenue Procedures, Private Letter Rulings, and related court cases.
Foreign Account Reporting: The United States imposes reporting requirements on individuals with direct and indirect interests in foreign bank accounts or other foreign financial assets. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in substantial civil and criminal penalties. You are responsible for informing your Tax Expert of all foreign assets, and they may determine that you are not eligible for the Services based on your foreign asset situation. If your Tax Expert prepares your individual income tax return, you are responsible for filing any required foreign tax returns or foreign account reporting, including FBAR Form 114. You, and not AccuTax Firm or its third-party provider, including its Tax Experts, assume all liability for any penalties associated with the failure to file or untimely filing of these forms.
Change or Termination of the Services: AccuTax Firm’s third-party provider, along with its Tax Experts, reserves the right to refuse to prepare a tax return at its sole discretion. Additionally, the availability of Tax Experts or their ability to meet your tax filing deadlines depends on reasonable timing, document presentation, and your prompt responses to inquiries or required materials.
AccuTax Firm’s third-party provider reserves the right to revoke a delegated tax return at its sole discretion. Similarly, the availability of third-party Tax Experts or their ability to meet your tax filing deadlines depends on reasonable timing, document presentation, and your responses to inquiries or required materials. Please note that Tax Expert Services do not encompass legal or investment advice, estate planning, investment planning, or other areas of advice beyond what is included within the Tax Expert Services.
1.3 Third-Party Services: AccuTax Firm offers access to third-party service providers who can provide legal advice, investment advice, entity formation, estate planning services, and other related services. By engaging our services, you consent to the sharing of your information with these third-party service providers for the fulfillment of services as per your direction.
2. HELP AND SUPPORT
AccuTax Firm may utilize various methods (e.g., in-product, widgets, Internet, remote access, online community, chat, email, video, SMS, and phone) to offer technical support and customer service for the Services. The terms and conditions governing the provision of this support, which may require an additional fee, are subject to change as communicated by AccuTax Firm.
3. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
To facilitate Third-Party Services, AccuTax Firm may require your explicit consent for disclosing and using your information. By accepting agreements and consents for Third-Party Services, you authorize AccuTax Firm to use and disclose your information, including your name and address, to the third party. This is done to make the Third-Party Services you select available to you. For some Third-Party Services, we may submit applications on your behalf using your information to assist in obtaining benefits from third parties. You acknowledge that AccuTax Firm does not determine your eligibility for these benefits, and it is your responsibility to meet the third party’s requirements and adhere to applicable laws and regulations. In some cases, you may need to provide us with your account number, password, security questions and answers, and other login information (“Login Details”). You represent that you have the authority to provide these Login Details to AccuTax Firm and expressly appoint AccuTax Firm as an agent with limited power of attorney to access Third-Party Services on your behalf. It is essential to provide accurate information. The terms and conditions of third parties can generally be found on their respective websites. Your participation in Third-Party Services signifies your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you decide to discontinue sharing your information with a third party that requires ongoing access, you should cease using the Third-Party Services. You should evaluate all Third-Party Services based on your own assessment of their terms and conditions.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES
You acknowledge that AccuTax Firm and its Suppliers will not audit or verify the information you provide, and they are not responsible for disallowed deductions, the inclusion of additional unreported income, or the resulting taxes, penalties, or interest. The entire cumulative liability of AccuTax Firm and its Suppliers, for any reason arising from or related to this agreement, is limited as outlined in Section 5 of the General Terms. AccuTax Firm and its Suppliers will not be liable for loss of profits or investments, tax positions taken by you, inability to file your return, delay in preparing your tax return, or incorrect or incomplete information provided to AccuTax Firm or its Suppliers. Additionally, AccuTax Firm will not be liable for default or delay in performance if the delay or prevention is caused by events beyond its reasonable control, such as acts of God, natural disasters, terrorist acts, war or other hostilities, labor disputes, civil disturbances, actions or omissions of third parties, electrical or communication system failures, or government actions.
5. MISCELLANEOUS MATTERS
You agree that AccuTax Firm does not act as your agent or fiduciary in connection with your use of any Services. If you have any questions or concerns about the products or services offered by AccuTax Firm, you can contact us by mail at AccuTax Firm, 54-52 71st St., Maspeth, NY 11378, or by calling 718-708-1077.
Select a day and time below to get a FREE consultation to start saving money
AccuTax Firm will work with you to optimize your business and minimize your taxes. We will work to provide you and your business with the tools and resources you need to build a solid tax and business foundation.
54-52 71st St., Maspeth, NY 11378